The Transportation Corridor Agencies (TCA) is a public agency responsible for planning, financing, constructing, and operating California’s largest toll road network. This network includes State Routes 73, 133, 241, and 261, which are public roads owned by Caltrans, financed with private funds, and built with virtually no tax dollars. At TCA, we strive every day to provide a time-saving and reliable alternative to Southern California’s congested freeways. If you love driving The Toll Roads, then you’ll love working at The Toll Roads.
TCA is seeking an experienced Corridor Manager, Operations to join our established and team-oriented Engineering Department. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, this role will plan, oversee, and drive assigned engineering projects through to successful completion. Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring highway facilities and traffic operations, tracking construction and maintenance projects for impact to the toll road system, and working to resolve any issues impacting customers and/or TCA facilities;
- Conducting various types of field work including but not limited to locating and delineation of TCA utilities and monitoring of TCA land;
- Administering engineering contracts and overseeing the completion of project deliverables by consultants;
- Planning and directing the work of technical engineering personnel and liaising with engineers, environmental consultants, and planners for assigned projects;
- Overseeing technical studies and preparing technical reports, cooperative agreements, MOU’s, project schedules, and cost estimates;
- Developing technical contract documents, supervising the preparation of RFP’s and RFQ’s, and participating in the procurement and selection of consultants/contractors;
- Monitoring project expenditures, timelines, and quality of work for compliance with civil engineering regulations, design standards, and project criteria;
- Coordinating with Caltrans, various public utility companies, and other external parties regarding project construction/maintenance, right-of-way engineering work, and relocation of public utility facilities;
- Reporting to TCA leadership and elected officials on the status of projects with particular emphasis on costs, schedules, and interagency issues;
- Conducting formal and informal negotiations with public entities and citizen groups to promote the planning, design, construction, and/or maintenance of assigned engineering projects; and
- Representing TCA at public meetings/conferences and delivering presentations before large groups.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING / ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
Our ideal candidate will have four (4) or more years of progressively responsible experience conducting and managing technical engineering work and overseeing the planning, design, and construction of toll road systems or related infrastructure. A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering combined with a State of California Civil Engineering License or the ability to obtain such by reciprocity or supplemental testing, as well as a valid Class C California Driver’s License are required.
This is a highly skilled professional engineering role responsible for overseeing complex projects. In addition to having the necessary experience to perform the above job duties, we are seeking someone who possesses thorough knowledge of civil engineering, is conscientious of customers, is adept at overseeing the work efforts of various consultants and contractors, is highly organized, demonstrates a strategic mindset while still being able to focus on the details, has exceptional communication skills, and thrives in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
SUMMARY OF WORK ENVIRONMENT, BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
TCA has a dynamic and engaging work environment. We run our operations like a business while enjoying the benefits of being a public agency. In addition to providing competitive compensation, we offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pension, comprehensive annual leave, paid holidays, and a 9/80 work schedule. The pay range for the Corridor Manager, Operations role is $120,000 - $130,000.
HOW TO APPLY:
For confidential consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in this opportunity to the email address below. The deadline to apply is October 12, 2017. No phone calls please.
Transportation Corridor Agencies
125 Pacifica, Suite 100, Irvine, CA 92618-3304
It is the policy of TCA to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, TCA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.